Greetings & salutations dear fellows, I am Ursuul. If you need anything or have any problems or questions, feel free to leave a message. I don’t bite :)
RE:New Wiki Manager
Hey, welcome and thanks for offering assistance. The place has been quite for a while, but I bet that'll change once the new movie airs. Anyways, feel free to fix anything you think is in needs of fixing!And again, welcome ~The Maverick 013 01:59, December 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Hi there! Actually, I'm finding myself having a harder time than before coming here and reverting vandalism. I'm usually taking care of real life problems right now, you know, worrying about family member's health and stuff like that, so all the help is greatly appreciated.
- Feel free to keep contributing! Once the new movie air (luckily it won't be postponed again), we'll have a lot to add. ~The Maverick 013 17:31, May 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey thanks! As for Admins, our current most active user seems to be FelipeFritschF. Now, to be completely honest, I haven't really talked to him, but so far, he contributes all the time, reverts vandalism and is active on the wiki. Sadly, most of the previous Admins and Bureaucrats are no longer active, only HPZ occasionally appears now and then.
- I always have an Eva Wikia tab open, actually. I'm always lurking around here really.
- It's mostly that there's not much to do here right now, outside of the occasional vandalism reverting (which is always already done by some other users, generally because those vandalisms and revertings are done during US prime times, which isn't when I'm the most active, being European) and verifying some content changes that are really some typo fixings and rewordings.
- If I may suggest, more Admins may be great but we also really need an additional Bureaucrat if possible, my suggestion being Maverick should become one, as he is basically one of the OGs around here and still visibly active. Just my two Cents.
If I remember correctly, our main priority back in the day was rewriting most of the pages. We share a lot of content with both Wikipedia and Evageeks. The articles were supposed to be used as a base but no one ever rewrote them all.
Also, we were supposed to use only higher quality .png images and had replaced all of our .jpg ones but now, we have many more of those that need to be replaced.
Finally, one of our goals was to have different pages for both the main continuity and the Rebuild continuity but we never separated the articles. However, I think this can wait a little, because the last movie may force us to do plenty of changes depending of its plot, there's this time travel theory here and that multiverse theory there. I know they're just theories and probably mean nothing but you never can be 100% sure. That would force us to probably put back all the articles if both continuities were to be the same.
As for new admins, I'm thinking about personally talk to our few active users and see what can they offer and then discuss it with HPZ, after all he's the only other "older" member around here. And hey, thanks for all the help, I know I haven't been very active lately but I'm always checking to see if someone needs me, because of that, I glad for all the help you guys can provide! ~The Maverick 013 18:02, May 23, 2020 (UTC)
- Sure, you guys can find most, if not all of them categorized here and here. Keep in mind some of these articles were categorized a long time ago, so some may have already been changed enough to be considered dewikified. Nobody has been enforcing any standard about how much change is needed, or recording when said change was made, thus making it hard to properly know how small or big this whole restructuring of the articles will be. ~The Maverick 013 21:50, May 23, 2020 (UTC)
Well, I'll admit it was a bit smaller than I thought, I'm glad someone stopped by to help, as this wiki used to be way more active in the past, and all the work has been slowly accumulating.
I think it has been useful for the wiki, and luckily we'll be ready once the new movie airs, then I'm sure we'll see a lot more edits. So many thanks for all the work from the volunteers and I try to contribute more from now on. :) ~The Maverick 013 20:56, June 17, 2020 (UTC)
Watchout for Users
HEADS UP Hey there, watch out for this user https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/User:Christhewalrus and this https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Zazsch
both are the same, the bottom is a backup if he's main fails, this particular user acts like a admin when hes not and will ceaselessly revert posts and works even with verified sources, I back traced him and found out hes being doing this to many fandom groups and he gotten countless of warnings and blocks, if he dislike you he will go to a edit war and he also ignores you in chats and give zero craps, as for my case in that dcex wiki he dislikes me just for editing stuff and I tried explaining and he didn't listen and now we are now in a war, he definetly saw my profile and the wikis I serve in, so im writing this warning as a heads up as he might come over and revert stuff I edited before. im writing this to all other admins on the groups im serving in, I don't want a war to spill to multiple groups
and yes heads up, if you talk to this guy in chat he is willing to drag it with long texts like a smart alec so becareful --Editing.Electrofisher (talk) 19:48, July 27, 2020 (UTC)
I'm guessing Wikia/Fandom has some under the hood problems? What's up with that? Is it because of the migration process I've been seeing lately?
So here's what I think about this and my issues:
This migration definitely could have been better. I understand completely the need to upgrade software that's becoming obsolete, and I know a massive-scale migration like this one is never going to be completely perfect, I know you can't and shouldn't try to please everyone but I'm certainly disappointed with what we have now.
Recent Changes feels less useful than Wiki Activity. The user interface is slower now and it seems to be made to look better rather than to work better. Also, as far as I know, people are finding bugs everywhere. It is harder to quickly notice things that happen and harder to navigate around, at least for me.
Always favor usability and stability first, after all, if you give proper tools to the right people, they'll build a stairway to heaven with sticks and stones. Don't use today's philosophy of "we'll patch it".
Consider this a suggestion, all of it, even if the context is completely different.
About the censorship, here's the thing, personally, I'm genuinely confused about what is and isn't accepted. Why we can keep this but not Rei/Lilith's featureless body? Why I can see content similar to what was forbidden here at other Wikis, like here (first picture) and here (Conviction arc picture)?
Evangelion usually deals with mature themes, that's why there's a disclaimer right on our front page. But we don't have the tools to properly deal with and use said themes. If the nature of such images is the problem, I wish there was a template, a header, a warning or something to mark it as mature and allow us to keep the content in here, without the censorship.
I know that would probably affect how Google's algorithm reacts to our content but I think that's better than cutting it. After all, people will try to upload similar content to help and we'll have to delete it again.
We're not angry because we hate you guys, we're bothered because we used to LOVE this place, and seeing it take seemly bad decisions hurts to be honest. But now I feel like Fandom ignores its own fandom. ~The Maverick 013 19:57, 14 October 2020 (UTC)
Got it. So far, an intense storm is passing by, with very strong winds and a lot of water, however, everything looks better than the last time. No flood for now, and there's electricity in my house.
I'll be in touch if possible. I don't want to lose the charge of my devices because I don't know if the situation will be worse and I need something to communicate with my family.
- All clear. There's just a light rain falling down now. The flood was not as severe this time but still covered most of the roads. Now I just need to sleep. ~The Maverick 013 03:37, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
That would be good indeed. I don't think I have anything to complain about for now, but If I catch any bug I'll let you guys know. You can also ask our other active users, but I haven't heard any other type of error or something.
As a matter of fact, I was planing to categorize those files myself but I have no reason to not accept help. I guess I can help you with some of them right know. ~The Maverick 013 00:20, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- No problem for me. I just don't want to feel like the laziest admin ever, sitting here doing nothing when you guys do all the work.
- I wouldn't be against a Main page redesign, but let me warn you, I'm not the best one judging things like design and aesthetics, so i usually leave this type of opinions for someone with better tastes. Sadly HPZ is here.~The Maverick 013 00:35, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Hey, just saw it. Thanks for all the help. By the way, didn't I left a message on your Discord? I'm sure I did...unless I was too sleepy to make my brain function.