Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu, born September 8, 1972) is a Japanese voice actor. He formerly worked for Haikyou and is now the head of Atomic Monkey. He is considered very versatile in his industry and has portrayed a wide variety of characters, ranging from comical to dramatic. Very often, the characters he voiced have very comical sides to their seriousness, such as Sagara Sousuke in the Full Metal Panic series, Kenichi Shirahama in Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, and Toji Suzuhara in Neon Genesis Evangelion.
He will also star in the 2010 live-action film, Wonderful World, with fellow voice actors, Mamoru Miyano, Tomokazu Sugita and Daisuke Namikawa, who is also the director of the film.
A selection of other roles voiced by Tomokazu Seki
- 2x2 Shinobuden (aka Ninja Nonsense) as Sasuke
- Angelic Layer as Masaharu Ogata
- Cardcaptor Sakura as Touya Kinamoto
- Chobits as Hiromu Shinbo
- Coyote Ragtime Show as Katana
- Fate/Stay Night as Gilgamesh
- Full Metal Panic (and Fumoffu and TSR) as Sosuke Sagara
- Futakoi Alternative as Rentarou Futaba
- Gravitation (OVA and series) as Shuichi Shindou
- G-Gundam as Domon Kasshu
- Genshiken as Soichiro Tanaka
- Gundam Seed (and Seed Destiny) as Yzak Joule
- Great Teacher Onizuka as Kunio Murai
- Kanon (original and remake) as Jun Kitagawa
- Last Exile as Ethan
- Martian Successor Nadesico as Gai Daigoji and Tsukumo Shiratori
- Maze as Maze (male)
- My HiMe as Yuuichi Tate
- Pretty Cure as Meple
- Those Who Hunt Elves as Junpei
- Vision of Escaflowne As Van Fanel
- Yo-Kai Watch as Whisper
- You're under Arrest as Shouji Toukairin
and many others...
- In addition to being "hot-headed" in his voice roles, Seki is a Gunpla (Gundam plastic models) fanatic early on since childhood that he's often cast in mecha anime shows, including Gundam.
- However Seki can be very versatile, refusing to be pigeonholed by performing very different roles, even as a villain.
- Apart from voice acting, Seki is also a chairman of a stage troupe company, thus also spending time at theatre.
- Very often, the characters he voiced have very comical sides to their seriousness, such as Toji Suzuhara in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sagara Sousuke in the Full Metal Panic series, and Kenichi Shirahama in Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi.
|Staff||Hideaki Anno • Kazuya Tsurumaki • Ikuto Yamashita • Shirō Sagisu • Yoshiyuki Sadamoto • Takeshi Honda • Yoko Takahashi • Akio Satsukawa • Masayuki|
|Cast||Megumi Ogata • Yuko Miyamura • Megumi Hayashibara • Tomokazu Seki • Akira Ishida • Maaya Sakamoto • Fumihiko Tachiki • Motomu Kiyokawa • Kotono Mitsuishi • Kōichi Yamadera •Yuriko Yamaguchi • Miki Nagasawa • Hiro Yūki • Takehito Koyasu • Mika Doi • Maria Kawamura • Mugihito • Tetsuya Iwanaga • Junko Iwao|
|Companies||Gainax • khara inc.|