- This article has a collection of images to further represent its content. To see its gallery, visit Sakura Suzuhara/Gallery.
Sakura Suzuhara (鈴原 サクラ, "Suzuhara Sakura"), is a fictional character that first appeared in Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, the second film in the Rebuild of Evangelion tetralogy, though her name was not revealed until the third film. Before the Rebuild series, she was mentioned in the anime and manga series, but didn't appear nor had her name mentioned to anyone. She is the younger sister of Tōji Suzuhara.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sakura (referred to as "Tōji's sister") was first mentioned in Episode 03 of the anime series, and in the fourth episode, Kensuke told Shinji that she was angry with Tōji's doings and insisted on him to apologize. In episode 17, Tōji is shown going to visit her, while the nurses are talking about them.
Rebuild of Evangelion
In Evangelion 3.0 it is revealed that she survived the Third Impact, and her role is expanded as she has become a medical officer for WILLE, holding the rank of Second Lieutenant. She's the only person to treat Shinji with a reserved amount of kindness during his stay in the AAA Wunder, and desperately advises him not to pilot an Eva unit before he escapes with Rei, rather than trying to stop him.
Sakura Suzuhara is the only person in WILLE who addresses Shinji with courtesy and respect. During the attack of Evangelion Mark.04, she is happy to be on the bridge to witness the operation. Despite her enthusiasm for WILLE's work, she does not seem to approve certain choices like placing the DSS Choker on Shinji.
Sakura does not look like her brother at all. She has long brown hair and fair skin. She wears a unique uniform in the WILLE consisting of a white and gray dress with a pocket and dark legging stopping below the knees. She also wears a black beret and a blue scarf around her neck. Apparently, she does not seem to know about her brother's whereabouts.
- Sakura Suzuhara's voice actor is Miyuki Sawashiro, who also voiced Cereza from Bayonetta: Bloody Fate and Rin Rin from Max Anarchy By SEGA and Platinum Games.
- In the anime and manga canon, she was never named or shown. This is the second film of the Rebuild series that shows her appearance and the first movie that officially names her.
- Like her brother, Sakura speaks in Kansai dialect, a particular Japanese dialect used in the Kansai region.
- In the video game Neon Genesis Evangelions, Toji Suzuhara's sister is a different character named Natsumi Suzuhara and voiced by Miki Nagasawa.