- This article has a collection of images to further represent its content. To see its gallery, visit Evangelion Unit-01 Type F/Gallery.
Evangelion Unit-01 Type F (エヴァンゲリオン初号機F型) is an Evangelion Unit that first appeared in the game Neon Genesis Evangelions and it was designed by Ikuto Yamashita. Evangelion Unit-01 using the Type F Equipment was later utilized in the opening chapters of the novel Neon Genesis Evangelion: ANIMA.
It is an equipment manufactured to solve the lack of mobility and armor strength of the Evas, which has been a problem in the battle against the angels, it was developed by Ritsuko Akagi. Although the weight has increased due to the additional armor, the newly developed A.T. Field propulsion device has both higher maneuverability and defense power than without the equipment.
Another standard weapon of the Type F Equipment: both shoulder pylons are equipped with an electrical antiphase weapon called "Impact Bolt", which boasts high destructive power and can be used as a distance weapon.
In the Evangelion: ANIMA continuity, during the Mass Production Evangelions' attack on the NERV Headquarters, the Evangelion Unit-01 sortied in battle equipped with the Type F Equipment while Asuka and Evangelion Unit-02 were used for Human Instrumentality. Three years later, the Evangelion Unit-01 would launch again due to the unexpected attack of the EVA0.0 (Quatre). Unit-01 would be critically damaged by Quatre's cannon. The Evangelion Unit-01 would be damaged to the point where Shinji was transformed into LCL and Yui had to pass on the full control over the unit to him, thus making him become one with Unit-01. This lead to the self-regeneration and the evolution of the Evangelion. The Unit-01 later sortied to confront the Angel Carrier Type-2 as the new Super Evangelion.
- Ikuto Yamashita didn't designed it originally, but in the published volumes of the ANIMA novels, you can see Evangelion Unit-01 Type F using a visor.
- It also made an appearance in the PlayStation 2 game Super Robot Wars Alpha 3: To the End of the Galaxy and in the mobile game Super Robot Wars X-Ω in February 2019.
- It also appears on the pachinko game CRヱヴァンゲリヲンX, where you can see Shinji, Asuka and Rei all using their Evangelions with the Type F Equipment to fight against the Tenth Angel. Rei uses the Angel's Backbone to destroy most of the A.T. Field used by the Tenth Angel, Asuka uses the blades to destroy more fields, until a single defensive layer remains, but is pushed away by the tendrils. Shinji uses the Impact Bolt to attack the angel, causing a massive explosion, finally defeating it.
- In the pachinko game CRヱヴァンゲリヲンX, the design under the Type F is of the movie designs, rather than the TV designs.
- In the pachinko game CRヱヴァンゲリヲン～いま、目覚めの時～, Shinji and Asuka are seen fighting against the Tenth Angel, both of them are using Evangelions with the Type F Equipment. The Tenth Angel uses its A.T. Field and tendrils to attack from a safe distance, Asuka runs toward it, cutting the fields and dodging the attacks. Shinji uses the Impact Bolt to destroy the Angel, finishing the fight.
- In the pachinko game CRヱヴァンゲリヲンX PREMIUM MODEL, Mari is seen fighting against the Fourth Angel with her Evangelion Unit-08α, using the pistol to attack, but having the bullets blocked by the A.T. Field. She dodges the attacks, until her left leg is grazed by the beam and the Evangelion is incapacitated, then it takes a direct beam attack on the torso. After this scene, Shinji, appears with the Unit-01 Type F, wielding the Magorox Exterminate Sword B-Stage, with it, he manages to cut the beam attack and swing downward, destroying the Angel.