- This article has a collection of images to further represent its content. To see its gallery, visit Evangelion Mark.07/Gallery.
Evangelion Mark.07 (EVANGELION Mark.07) is an Evangelion Unit belonging to the Rebuild of Evangelion movie series. It is an autonomous mass-produced Evangelion unit introduced in Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon A Time.
The unit bears a beige colour scheme. Its overall appearance does not resemble that of standard Evangelions, instead, its body looks slender consisting of many cross-sections. With the exception of the jaw, the units head is 'exposed' to reveal a humanoid skull, with the NERV logo attached onto the forehead and also inside the eye sockets, in the dorsal plate, there is also the SEELE logo. A halo with a support is mounted in the middle of the elongated neck of the unit, allowing the unit to fly, similar to other NERV Mark Evangelions.
Various bolts appear in the neck and other parts of the body, which usually are centered around red markings that are present in the spine and neck.
The unit lacks an Entry Plug hatch and a socket for the umbilical cable. The unit seems to have a lack an A.T field making it vulnerable to conventional weapons. When destroyed, they leave the usual halo and cross shaped light as other Evangelions.
Various Mark.07 were produced in mass-production scale. The nature of the unit's piloting is unknown, however Asuka Shikinami Langley and Mari Makinami Illustrious refer to them as "Mock EVAs". This suggests they may have a different control system compared to the Evangelion Mark.09-A, Evangelion Mark.10, Evangelion Mark.11 and Evangelion Mark.12, which use Advanced Ayanami Series clones.
Unlike most other Evangelion units, these units are never seen using any weapons, additional armaments or special abilities beyond flight. During combat, the army of Mark.07's are only ever seen ramming into obstacles at high speed and gathering into large groups to form blockades.
Although these units possess shoulder pylons, it is unclear if any weaponry is stored in them or if they serve a more symbolic purpose similarly to Evangelion Mark.06's shoulder pylons. Similarly, these units possess halos whose purpose is also unclear.
Tubes can be seen protruding from the wrists. In the concept art done by Ikuto Yamashita these tubes are shown to be used to spray an unknown red fluid, however it is never seen doing this in the film. The same concept art also shows the unit spraying this fluid when destroyed, another feature which was not present in the film.
The Mark.07 appears for the first time as the attack on the Old NERV HQ is successful, revealing the location of the target, the Evangelion 13 that wasn't reactivated yet. The Mark.07s are seen flying from holes in all four sides of the pyramid to intercept the Wunder. Midori Kitakami states that the amount of it is impossible to count as they fly in the direction of the Wunder. Misato Katsuragi order to ignore them and send out the New Unit-02α and the Unit-08γ, which free fall in 2 ships covered by 4 defensive pods each (The same kind used in the Operation US). The Mark.07 flies toward the ships, damaging with each impact of each individual Mark.07 until it eventually explodes, leaving the WILLE Units without any defensive means.
Various Mark.07 are destroyed by New Unit-02α using the various weapons brought by Unit-08γ which were stored in the tailgate behind the unit. One Mark.07 tries to attack New Unit-02α by biting until it had its head cut in half by Unit-08γ using a circular saw type of weapon. The giant amount of Mark.07 unifies and forms a giant drill, and even when blown up by missiles, still advances towards the WILLE Units. New Unit-02α and Unit-08γ synchronizes both A.T. Field to form a drill of their own and manages to pierce over all the Mark.07, finally destroying them and reaching the Old NERV HQ.
Mark.07 makes it's last onscreen appearance when Gendo destroys all of the Evangelion Units with the Spear of Gaius piercing Unit-01 and Evangelion 13 to remove everything related to Evangelion.
- In the earlier designs shown by Ikuto Yamashita, the head design was different, being a head similar to the Evangelion Mark.10 and without the redge and the halo, the old SEELE logo was on the chest and more Evangelion proportions, unlike the elongated design used in the movie..
- In a later design , the designs was changed to include the redge, halo and the new logo of NERV (Rebuild) was put on the chest and the old SEELE logo on the head. The visor was also changed.
- As can be seen in the concept art, there is an unused concept of the unit contributing to the spread of coreification by inflating and exploding with a red fluid. This same concept art also shows some kind of mechanism on the wrist capable of releasing a stream of an unknown liquid.
- There are 16 teeth in the upper dental arch and 16 in the lower dental arch, the same as adult humans.
- Its overall appearance may be a reference to the resurection of the deads present in book of Apocalypse